Recent news around Civil Society Organisations in Namibia
Finnish Embassy - Fund for Local Cooperation: Call for Proposals 2022-2024 is open - 16 May 2022
The Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) of the Embassy of Finland in Windhoek is an instrument for funding non-profit projects in Namibia. The call for proposals for project implementation in 2022-2024 is now open. Proposals must be submitted by 16:15 (GMT/UTC+2) on May 16, 2022.
Eligibility criteria for FLC partnership
The support is intended for project-based support, meaning that the FLC cannot be used for core funding.
The budget of the proposal must be between EUR 50 000 - 100 000. Project length must be between 12 to 24 months. Between 4-6 projects will be selected according to the eligibility and evaluation criteria at the Embassy’s discretion.
Eligible partners for the FLC include, for example, local civil society organisations, science and technology communities, universities and other institutions, cultural institutions (museums, libraries, theatres, etc.), businesses, cooperatives or foundations, registered in Namibia.
The applicant must have:
- a sound financial record
- sufficient human resources for the implementation of the project
- proof of previous donor-funded activity OR self-funded of a similar size to applied grant
- proof of projects/activities within the previous 12 months
Please note: applicants and projects that do not fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned above will not be considered.
- Human rights and equality
- addressing inequality and advancing the rights of people belonging to marginalized communities
- protecting and advancing the rights of women and girls
- Youth employment and entrepreneurship
- creating opportunities for young people, especially in education and livelihood creation
- Climate resilience and adaptation
- contributing to sustainable development and protecting communities from negative effects of climate change
- creating solutions that contribute to climate change adaptation
Project selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with Finland’s development policy, SDGs and a human-rights based approach
- Contribution to the above-mentioned thematic areas
- Clearly defined project outputs and targeted outcomes supported by adequate indicators, baseline data and risk assessment
- Realistically planned project activities that contribute to the desired outcomes
- Project budget that is in line with the activities
- Experience and capability of the applicant in terms of project management
How to apply?
The Embassy only acknowledges this APPLICATION FORM: https://finlandabroad.fi/documents/6681355/0/Hakulomake+2022.docx/8f12a042-fa34-1b11-097f-f25fb5f72c20?t=1649939463518. Please fill in this form on the computer and print it out. The form must be signed and dated.
To accompany the form, the following attachments are required:
- The organisation’s latest annual report accompanied with a financial report
- The resumes of the project manager and project coordinator or other key project personnel
- Project budget in Namibian dollars (please note: the budget must include a budget line for project audit)
The proposals should be sent via email to the Embassy’s address sanomat.win(a)formin.fi and cc’d to the Programme Coordinator hannele.hupanen(a)formin.fi.
All questions and enquiries about the call for proposals should be sent via email only directly to the Programme Coordinator. Please note it may take some days to answer the questions.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.
Civil Society Organisations in Namibia
Your organisation not listed? Add your listing FREE OF CHARGE!