Namibia National Farmers Union (NNFU)
NNFU - THE VOICE OF NAMIBIAN FARMERS
The Namibia National Farmers Union (NNFU) is a national federation of regional farmers unions. It was established in June 1992 to serve as a mouthpiece for Namibian communal and emerging farmers. Twelve regional farmers unions are currently affiliated. NNFU is registered as 'An association not for Gain' in accordance with the provisions of section 21 of the Company Act, Act N 61 of 1973. Official registration number 21/98/529.
NNFU aims to increase food production for household food security, enhance marketing of farming products to increase household income, increase participation and recognition of women in farming, contribute to environmental protection and sustainable utilization of natural resources.
NNFU IS GUIDED BY THE FOLLOWING CORE VALUES;
- Participatory democracy and involvements of members in decision-making
- A true membership-driven and membership-based federation with the same purpose
- An all-inclusive federation that strives to ensure the well-being of all its members
- A federation that is transparent and accountable to its members
- Embrace Namibia's diverse farming communities