Down Syndrome Association of Namibia
Down Syndrome Association of Namibia (DSAN) provides information and support to all people with Down Syndrome in Namibia, and their families and/or caretakers. DSAN was launched in October 2012.
DSAN is registered as a non-profit company under Section 21 of Companies Act 2004, registration no. 21/2012/1014.
DSAN’s objectives are:
- To raise awareness about Down Syndrome in the Namibian society at large;
- To advocate for people with Down Syndrome in places of learning, health care and work through all available communication channels, DSAN website, electronic and printed media coverage, outreach events, etc.
- To assist Government of Namibia in the roll-out of the Inclusive Education Policy along international best practice.
- To establish a model for the roll out of the Inclusive Education Policy of the Government of Namibia, starting in Windhoek;
- To reach out to parents of people with Down Syndrome and provide practical support to them in terms of health care, education and work opportunities; and
- To link up with other disability organisations in Namibia and plan regular meetings/information exchange opportunities.
Please login to view all listing details!