CIVIC +264 Hosts Information-Sharing and Networking Session in Otjiwarongo
KALEB NGHISHIDIVALI, OTJI FM | CIVIC +264 hosted an information-sharing and networking event for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Otjiwarongo yesterday [20 June 2023], with the help of the Hanns Seidel Foundation Namibia (HSF). The gathering allowed local CSOs to engage while also allowing CIVIC +264 to exchange information on the most recent events affecting CSOs on a national level.
Furthermore, the occasion provided a chance to present CIVIC +264 and its new coordinator, Melanie Markus, who succeeds Carola Engelbrecht.
CIVIC +264 Coordinator, Mrs Melanie Markus, introduces CIVIC +264, its mandate and free services
CIVIC +264 was founded in 2019 to promote the exchange of information within the civil society community and to create an initial database of civil society organizations.
Attendees learned about the free services and resources accessible to CSOs during the presentation of the CIVIC +264 website and social media platforms. Markus discussed and informed attending CSOs on current concerns affecting civil society, such as Namibia's African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) process.
Some of the participants at the CIVIC +264 Information Session in Otjiwarongo
The National Anti-Corruption Strategy and Action Plan (NACSAP) of the Anti-Corruption Commission: the involvement of civil society organizations, Enhancing Participatory Democracy in Namibia Programme/Project (EPDN). Framework of Engagement between Government and Civil Society Organizations (GRN-COPP) of 2005 and the proposed Non-State Actors Network Namibia (N-SANN)
The information supplied enabled engagement among the participants. Throughout the workshop, CIVIC +264 demonstrated its commitment to facilitating collaborations and information exchange among CSOs.
- the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) process in Namibia: https://www.civic264.org.na/info-for-csos/african-peer-review-mechanism-aprm
- the Anti-Corruption Commission's National Anti-Corruption Strategy and Action Plan (NACSAP): the role of CSOs: https://www.civic264.org.na/info-for-csos/national-anti-corruption-strategy-and-action-plan-nacsap
- Enhancing Participatory Democracy in Namibia Programme/Project (EPDN): https://www.civic264.org.na/info-for-csos/enhancing-participatory-democracy-epdn
Participating institutions included:
- Total Control of the Epidemic (TCE) programme represented by Ms Magdalena Ndjuao (Field Officer)
- Otjwarongo Arts Centre represented by Ms Lidia Katofa
- Young Africa Namibia represented by Ms Linea Jason
- KAYEC Trust represented by Tjeripo Ndukireepo, Ms Valencia Mureti and Ms Petronella Nauises (Youth Development Centre)
- Women's Action for Development (WAD) represented by Ms Theresia Kukenge
- ELCIN represented by Pastor Josef Shitaleni
- Otjiwarongo Multipurpose Help Centre represented Ms Monica Tjehiua (Supervisor)
- ABT Associates Namibia represented by Mr Harold Kandjii (Demand Creation Coordinator)
- Otjwarongo Municipality represented by Mr John Hinda (Community Development Office) and Ms Adelheid Shikongo (Public Relations Officer)
- Otjozondjupa Regional Council represented by Ms Agata Mweti (Chief Regional Officer) and Mr William Virore (Office of the Governer)
- Otji FM represented by Mr Kaleb Nghishidivali and Ms Otja Kahijambua
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.