RURAL PEOPLES ' INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL EMPOWERMENT IN NAMIBIA (RISE - NAMIBIA)
RISE Namibia is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). It is a community development process facilitator, a catalyst within a dynamic process that develops sustainable organisational and human resource capacity at rural and urban grassroots levels.
RISE Namibia's aim is to strengthen membership-based grassroots level organisations and community-based organisations (CBOs). RISE Namibia assists these organisations to become vibrant change agents and viable vehicles to enhance entry into mainstream people’s participatory socio-economic development.
RISE Namibia also works with households and grassroots-based CBOs and any other local structures with the aim of assisting people in a participatory fashion, to improve livelihoods and build resilience at household levels.
RISE Namibia promotes “people-centred sustainable development” and was launched in May 1987. RISE Namibia is registered with the Master of High Court as “an educational Trust Not for Gain”. The said registration is in pursuance to “The Trust Moneys Protection Act (Act no 34 of 1934}”. The official registration number is – Ref. T44/96 Sectoral focus. Core - work: RISE focuses on Rural & Urban Development and gives special attention to:
- Institution building at a grassroots level (i.e. train/support CBOs);
- Capacitating strengthening systems for improved service delivery (i.e. train Constituency Development Committees, CDCs and Settlement Development Committees (SDCs));
- Sanitation and Hygiene (i.e. promote Rural Pit Latrines / VIP toilets);
- Backyard sacks & container gardens / Urban & Peri-urban agriculture (promote climate-smart farming practices and help to build resilience for improved livelihoods);
- Financial literacy/Micro–Finance (i.e. promote, support and train savings clubs and Savings & Credit Associations (SCAs)); and
- Advocacy for policy change (i.e. Policy on social protection for mitigating poverty, policy on decentralization and policy on land reform).
Please login to view all listing details!
Civil Society Organisations in Namibia
Your organisation not listed? Add your listing FREE OF CHARGE!