Nutrition and Food Security Alliance of Namibia (NAFSAN)
The Nutrition and Food Security Alliance of Namibia's vision is for all persons in Namibia to have the resources, knowledge and motivation to ensure food security and optimal nutritional status for themselves, and all children in Namibia are sufficiently well-nourished.
The Nutrition and Food Security Alliance of Namibia (NAFSAN) is part of Namibia’s movement to eradicate malnutrition and to achieve food security. NAFSAN will…
- provide organisations, communities, and individuals with effective platforms, tools, information and skills to achieve food security and optimal nutritional status for themselves and others;
- promote nutrition and food science and make such science applicable and accessible to the entire population of Namibia; and
- advocate and practically support efficient governmental and non-governmental communication and collaboration structures, financial and political commitment, legislation, policies, programmes and actions that ensure food security, and an effective, sustainable and equity-focused approach to improving the nutritional status of everyone in Namibia.
The AIMS of NAFSAN are to...
- work in partnership with government, private sector, civil society, communities, academia, educators, committed individuals, UN agencies and other international partners towards achieving NAFSAN’s vision and mission;
- enhance national and sub-national structures and systems for effective, accountable, coordinated and sustainable implementation of nutrition and food security actions by organisations, communities and individuals;
- raise public awareness of structures, laws, policies, programmes and initiatives that promote sustainable food security and optimal nutrition, and critically and constructively review them and advocate for necessary changes;
- promote learning and innovation concerning nutrition and food security by collecting credible evidence, conducting policy analyses, and providing platforms for communication among the public, partners and relevant professionals; and
- support civil society and other stakeholders to effectively discuss and take coordinated action aimed at improving nutrition and food security.