LAC on the Domestic Violence Amendment Bill
The Combating of Domestic Violence Amendment Bill was introduced in Parliament on 24 February 2022, and despite the intense lobbying that has already taken place, it fails to address the exclusion of same-sex couples from the coverage of the law.
Click on the links to read/download the following documents -
- the Combating of Domestic Violence Amendment BILL 1-2022 - <https://www.civic264.org.na/images/2022/3/Combating_of_Domestic_Violence_Amendment_BILL_1-2022.pdf>,
- Ministerial tabling statement for Domestic Violence Bill (2022) - <https://www.civic264.org.na/images/2022/3/Ministerial_tabling_statement_for_DV_Bill_2022.pdf>,
- Factsheet on domestic violence & same-sex couples - <https://www.civic264.org.na/images/2022/3/Factsheet_on_domestic_violence__same-sex_couples_-_FINAL_REVISED_19oct2020.pdf>,
- Probono#51-DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & SAME-SEX PARTNERS - <https://www.civic264.org.na/images/2022/3/Probono51-DOMESTIC_VIOLENCE__SAME-SEX_PARTNERS.docx>, and
- PowerPoint explaining all the amendments (as well as noting the missing item) - <https://www.civic264.org.na/images/2022/3/AMENDMENTS_to_Combating_of_DV_Bill_2022_PPt_2022.pptx>.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.
Civil Society Organisations in Namibia
Your organisation not listed? Add your listing FREE OF CHARGE!