Recent news around Civil Society Organisations in Namibia
UNDP - CALL FOR VIDEOS: Helping civil society to be heard by world leaders ahead of COP26
The UNDP is excited to share the following UNDP call for video messages from civil society partners in the run-up to COP26. Feminist, women’s rights, and youth-led organisations are encouraged to submit video messages.
Big news! Ahead of COP26, UNDP is launching a new initiative to help civil society to be heard by world leaders on climate change. They need your help.
All too often, voices of world citizens, particularly those most marginalized and vulnerable, are forgotten in the debate around climate change. That’s why, with UNDP's soon-to-launch initiative, DEAR WORLD LEADERS, they are collecting video messages from everyday citizens on how climate change is affecting them.
The premise is simple: UNDP is asking people from all over the world to send them a short video message answering two questions:
- How is climate change affecting you?
- What do you want to tell world leaders?
The messages will be featured in our new web platform, aimed at world leaders gathering in Glasgow for COP26.
How you can help
Do you know someone in your community who wants to tell the world leaders about the impact of climate change? Maybe it’s a farmer who’s suffered reduced crop yields because of declining rainfall? Or someone living by the coast who’s watching as rising sea levels threaten their home and livelihood? Or perhaps a victim of flash floods or other extreme weather events caused by climate change?
Please share this with them as well.
- The videos should be a maximum of 1 minute long and ideally filmed around their local community and landscapes.
- The videos can take any form –spoken, song, dance, or any creative way citizens would like to express themselves.
- The videos can be in any language – as long as there is a translation script with it. Please do not put any text on the video itself.
- And it would be great if they could capture some of the real-life impacts of climate change happening around them too - this will help amplify the message to world leaders that this is happening NOW.
You can send your message to UNDP at https://dearworldleaders.org.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.